Learning to Identify the False Prophets

In every Gospel Dispensation, the anti-Christ's and false prophets are anti (against) the Church of Jesus Christ and its Prophets.
MarkMyWords

Learning to Identify the False Prophets

Post#1 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:15 am

The Book of Mormon teaches us how to identify the false prophets, anti-Christs, and wolves in sheep's clothing.

I summarize what I learned and have experienced in this article:

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=14&p=252#p252

MarkMyWords

Re: Learning to Identify the False Prophets

Post#2 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:21 am

We went into great detail talking about False Prophets in this forum:

http://ldsfriendsandfun.freeforums.org/ ... e-f10.html

My signature is all over it, in the beginning, because I was trying to figure it all out a year ago.

I haven't had much interest in the subject in recent months, because I saw and learned what I needed to know a year ago, and I have been backing away from the subject ever since, because the subject fails to inspire and uplift.

Isaiah

Post#3 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:45 pm

This is actually a very powerful litmus test.

I you truly believe that the Apostles in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are prophets, seers, and revelators and sustain them as such, then you just automatically know that anyone who opposes them in any way, shape, or form is a false prophet. Simple. Why do you think these questions are at the top of an LDS Temple Recommend interview?

Likewise, if you truly believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is in fact the true Church of Jesus Christ with Christ himself at the helm of his church, then you instantly know that anyone or any church that opposes Christ's own church is being led by Satan to do so. Again, this is a very simple and foolproof test to perform, for anyone who has a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as the true Church of Jesus Christ here on this earth right now.

Once you know the Apostles to be true prophets and know the LDS Church to be true and know that Christ is at the helm of his church, then you just know that anything that opposes these three things is anti-Christ.

When we do what God says, then He is bound.

When all of the saints present voted to sustain Brigham Young and the Twelve as the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, then by the Law of Common Consent which Christ gave to us, God and Christ were bound or obligated to sustain Brigham Young and the Twelve as the leaders of Christ's Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you believe or know that Christ is at the helm of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and know that that church is His church, then you just simply know that once the Law of Common Consent was exercised by the Latter-day Saints, then Jesus Christ was obligated to sustain Brigham Young as the next prophet, and the Twelve as prophets, seers, and revelators. The baptized and loyal Latter-day Saints consented or agreed before God, angels, and witnesses to follow Brigham Young and the Twelve. By the Law of Common Consent, Jesus Christ was obligated to sustain and support that covenant or sustaining vote, which Jesus did.

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the saints have voted or consented to sustain Thomas S. Monson and the Twelve as prophets, seers, and revelators. Therefore, by the Law of Common Consent, Jesus Christ as the leader of that church is obligated to sustain and support those 15 Apostles as the leaders of His Church, and Jesus is obligated to turn those men into prophets, seers, and revelators, if they weren't already such to begin with. Jesus is obligated to work through those 15 Apostles, because the Saints in Christ's own church have covenanted with their arms to the square to follow those 15 Apostles and sustain them as such.

Consequently, anyone who opposes the Living Apostles found in the LDS Church is in apostasy and is anti-Christ and is a false prophet. By the Law of Common Consent, you just know that it is so, especially if you know that Jesus Christ is at the head of His church and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true and living church on the face of the earth.

A lot of problems, questions, and doubts can be easily and quickly settled once a person has a testimony of the LDS Church and the 15 Apostles. Suddenly, everything becomes clear, including who the anti-Christs and false prophets really are.

Isaiah

Post#4 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:07 pm

One thing that is very interesting to observe is that the false prophets can easily spot and see the other false prophets, and they can tell us how the other false prophets are in fact false prophets. What a false prophet can't do is explain how he was deceived and which part of his doctrine or teachings is false. It takes another false prophet (or a true prophet) to be able to tell that false prophet where he got it wrong and went astray. It can be fascinating to watch one false prophet calling another person a false prophet and then explaining how that other person is a false prophet. They can recognize the other false prophets, but they cannot recognize the false prophet within themselves.

We are blind to our own selves.

It's very easy for an atheist or a moral relativist to know instantly whenever he has been wronged or has been sinned against, yet that same individual cannot see or understand when he is wrong or when he is sinning. Why? The absolute laws of morality or the commandments of God apply to other people and he expects those people to obey the rules of right and wrong; but, within his own mind, none of those same things apply to himself. A moral relativist makes himself exempt from the rules, laws, and commandments; yet, at the same time, he expects or even demands that everyone else follow these same rules and demands that nobody sin against him or wrong him. His sense of right and wrong, or his conscience, works perfectly fine when it comes to other people; but, it is completely broken when it comes to himself.

The spirit of God, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, helps to pull down our blinders so that we can actually see at times when we are wrong or when we are sinning. The atheists and false prophets don't have that kind of protection. They are completely blind to their sins, wrong-doings, and the falseness of their teachings and doctrines. They teach their lies for so long that they actually come to believe that their lies are true.

MarkMyWords

Post#5 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:49 pm

By their fruits ye shall know them.

During the past year, I had to employ many of these things in order to learn how to detect the false prophets for myself.

http://megasatire.blogspot.com/

For example, name one person who has been converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by Denver Snuffer's book, "Passing the Heavenly Gift". By the fruits of the book, ye shall know them. In fact, that book got Denver Snuffer excommunicated from the LDS Church. Doesn't that pretty much tell you all that we need to know about that book and its author?

Is there anyone on the planet who has been converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by Denver Snuffer? If so, are they still members of the LDS Church?

In contrast, is there anyone on the planet who has been converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by Thomas S. Monson? If so, are they still members of the LDS Church?

By their fruits, ye shall know them.

The anti-Christ's in every Gospel Dispensation lead people away from the Church of Jesus Christ. They are anti the Church of Jesus Christ.

The true prophets of God in every Gospel Dispensation lead people to the Church of Jesus Christ and the Saving Ordinances.

As far as I can tell, it is a foolproof test.

MarkMyWords

Post#6 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:18 pm

The real prophets of God, the LDS Apostles and the LDS General Authorities, fail to toot their own horn anywhere near as much as the false prophets such as Denver Snuffer toot their own horn. God, the Real God, often tells His prophets to keep their mouths shut, and thus we typically won't find the real prophets of God revealing their deepest and greatest spiritual experiences like the false prophets are prone to do. The false prophets have to brag about their spiritual experiences and spiritual superiority in order to drum up followers, while the real prophets of God don't have to. Why? God and the real prophets of God both know that the True Prophets of God are the real deal, and they could really care less if anyone else believes them. The true prophets of God will be vindicated and justified by God Himself at the end of it all, so there's no reason for the True Prophets of God to brag and boast here and now. Also, the righteous and spiritually inclined already know in their hearts through personal revelation that the LDS Apostles are true prophets of God, so the true prophets of God don't have to toot their own horn in order to try to convince others that they are the real deal. Those who are spiritually in-tune with God recognize and know the True Prophets of God whenever and wherever they encounter them. Thus, the true prophets of God never have to toot their own horn and brag about their spiritual experiences in order to drum up followers. Christ said, "My sheep hear my voice", which means that His sheep recognize and hear the True Prophets of God. A True Prophet of God does not have to toot his own horn, because Christ's sheep already know that the man is a true prophet of God.

Satan is known as the accuser of the brethren. Satan makes it a point to go out of his way to point out to God everything that the Saints get wrong and do wrong. He's an accuser of his brothers and sisters. Likewise, false prophets like Denver Snuffer become accusers of the brethren, and end up spending all their time pointing out to us all the different times and different ways in which the LDS Apostles and LDS General Authorities make mistakes or get something wrong. False prophets become accusers of the Brethren just like Satan is. That's what Denver Snuffer became, an accuser of the Brethren, the LDS General Authorities. When Snuffer started doing that, then I knew with surety that Denver is in fact on Satan's errand and is just another accuser of his Brethren. The truth always wins out in the end. When Denver Snuffer became Satan, the accuser of his Brethren, then I was done with Denver Snuffer and looking for something better to take his place. At the same time, I also ran into a host of his followers on LDS Freedom Forum, and these people had also become Accusers of the Brethren. I and a friend labeled these people The Cult of Firstborn -- they were mystics, clairvoyants, and magicians like Simon Magnus who had had some marvelous and wonderful visions, revelations, angelic manifestations from Satan, and had had their calling and election made sure by Satan. Their purpose was to brag about their superior spiritual experiences in an attempt to lead people away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They were modern-day gnostics, Christian mystics, who claimed to have superior visions, revelations, and knowledge than the Authorized Servants of God, the LDS Apostles. For them, it was all about bragging up their superior mystical skills or spiritual gifts; and, they were all false prophets and prophetesses, sorcerers and sorceresses, Korihor's, claiming superior gnosis and mystical skills than the Real Chosen Prophets of God; and, they were ALL accusers of the Brethren.

Furthermore, these members of the Cult of the Firstborn were easily identified, because they were the ones who were trying to lead people away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Saving Ordinances, Covenants with God, the Real Priesthood of God, and the Apostles of God.

It's a sure sign. The false prophets will always try to lead you astray, by leading you away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That's what being led astray means. Being led astray is being led away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Your-Era's Saints. NO prophet of God will ever lead you astray, because no True Prophet of God will ever lead you away from the Church of Jesus Christ, no matter what Gospel Dispensation we might be talking about. In this Gospel Dispensation, no true prophet of God will ever lead you away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; therefore, no True Prophet of God will ever lead you astray.

In contrast, all of the false prophets will try to lead you astray by trying to lead you away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These mystics and clairvoyants and sorcerers will deliberately lead you away from the LDS Temple and the LDS Temple Ordinances. They will be accusers of the Brethren and will tell you that you really don't need the LDS Church and the LDS Ordinances in order to be saved and exalted. They will attempt to lead you astray -- away from the Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You can set your clock by it. It's that obvious and sure. It's what they do.

Return to “Identifying the Anti-Christs”