Val Brinkerhoff's Books

D&C 88: 118: Seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.
MarkMyWords

Val Brinkerhoff's Books

Post#1 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:23 pm

I have purchased most of Val Brinkerhoff's books.

I have had some concerns about Val Brinkerhoff's teachings and ideas.

I voiced my concerns on his website.

This is what I wrote:

To Val Brinkerhoff:

I purchased the Kindle version of “Awake and Arise” along with some of your other books.

In that book, you quote and reference Denver Snuffer, who has been excommunicated from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for “evil speaking of the Lord’s anointed” and for writing a book “Passing the Heavenly Gift” which denigrates every LDS Apostle and LDS Prophet since Joseph Smith. Val, you even refer us to “Passing the Heavenly Gift” in your book.

Val, it greatly diminishes your credibility and your trustworthiness each and every time that you quote or reference Denver Snuffer in your books. Denver Snuffer and his followers have as their agenda to lead each and every one of us away from the LDS Apostles and away from the LDS Church. In my humble opinion, you shouldn’t be quoting Denver Snuffer or his followers. Their message is that the Corporation of the President is in sin, and therefore the LDS Apostles are out-of-the-way and in sin. Denver Snuffer and some of the other apostates that you are quoting teach us that when Christ comes to clean house, Christ will destroy the LDS Apostles and the LDS General Authorities first, before moving on to the rest of us who are following the LDS Apostles. Their ultimate apostate goal is to lead us away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by any means necessary.

Val, you also seem to be quoting and referencing Robert J. Smith a lot. I don’t know his standing in the church, but Robert J. Smith seems to take great delight in pointing out each and every time that he thinks Joseph Smith interpreted something wrong or got the wrong translation. The Spirit seems to be giving me warning signals about him as well, making me wonder what his hidden agenda might be.

I wanted you to know that the fact that you quote and reference some of these individuals in your books greatly reduces your credibility and your reliability, in the sight of many of the active and loyal Latter-day Saints. I would humbly suggest that in the next editions of your books that you remove the quotes and the end-note references from all the LDS apostates, especially Denver Snuffer. It would greatly increase your credibility and the value of your books if you did so.

That’s my opinion,

Darwin Max Bagley

http://www.7witnesses.com/updates/new-a ... s#comments

MarkMyWords

Re: Val Brinkerhoff's Books

Post#2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:30 pm

Here's a link to the Val Brinkerhoff books that I have purchased so far:

http://bookrev.allthings.computer/books ... inkerhoff/

I will return and report when I have more to say.

I still look forward to reading Val's books. I wouldn't have bought them if I didn't look forward to reading them.

Enoch
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:29 pm

If Val Brinkerhoff is using the book, "Passing the Heavenly Gift", and Denver Snuffer as reference material, that is indeed unfortunate.

The folks at Fair Mormon do a wonderful job of explaining what's wrong with the book, "Passing the Heavenly Gift". Indirectly, they also show how Denver Snuffer is in apostasy and teaching false ideas.

http://en.fairmormon.org/Criticism_of_M ... venly_Gift

Denver Snuffer's book, "Passing the Heavenly Gift", is an apostate book, containing apostate teachings, and was admittedly written for the LDS Apostates; and, the book got Denver Snuffer excommunicated from the LDS Church. Nobody should be using that book as reference material unless they themselves are seeking to be excommunicated from the LDS Church.

Thanks to one and all who have put out the warning against Denver Snuffer and "Passing the Heavenly Gift". The book, "Passing the Heavenly Gift," was the wolf inside of all that sheep's clothing.

I fell for Denver Snuffer's first book, "The Second Comforter: Conversing with the Lord through the Veil", and I wanted to buy a copy of it for everyone, it was that good. Denver Snuffer didn't reveal who and what he really is until years later.

MarkMyWords

Post#5 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:18 pm

I received an email response from Val Brinkerhoff. This is some of what he wrote:

Hi Darwin,

Thanks for your sincere email.
It appears you are looking at a very early version of my book or books.
I have removed most if not all of his references since then in later versions in all my books.
I have also changed my wording and opinions generally on a number of subjects, to reflect a more refined attitude and sensitivity over time.
Mr Snuffer was not excommunicated when I quoted him earlier.
I do not support all that he says and represents now, but I did quote him earlier on some topics.
People change. I have too.

. . . the latest copy of my Awake and Arise book . . . is better in every way and does not include references by Denver.

Best wishes to you Brother.

Val Brinkerhoff

It was comforting to me to know that Val Brinkerhoff is aware of the situation and has made some attempts to solve the problem.

I told Val Brinkerhoff that I ordered the Kindle version of "Awake and Arise" yesterday (11JUL2015) or late the night before, and that the current Kindle Version is in fact that earlier version that contains quotes from Denver Snuffer and references to Denver Snuffer's books.

I suggested to Val that he upload his most recent version of his book to Kindle, so that his readers are offered the latest version and can download it for free if they want the most recent version. Hopefully, Val will find a way to do so.

MarkMyWords

Post#6 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Have I done any good in the world today?

Have I annoyed anyone in need (of being annoyed)?

If not, I have failed indeed.

MarkMyWords

Post#7 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:50 pm

I have been in correspondence with Val Brinkerhoff through email. I have been very impressed.

Here is a copy of a message that he sent to me that speaks directly to the issue I have been discussing in this thread:

Darwin,

I talked with my publisher. He accidentally uploaded the 2013 older version of the Awake and Arise book to the Kindle account.

He has been notified and will upload the newer version very soon.

Again, thanks for your input. This should not have happened.

I am updating Awake and Arise again and will have it finished in a couple of days.

I authored six additional books after The Day Star books and spent time on them rather than the Day Star books. Thus they will still have quotes by Denver in them prior to his excommunication. They are about 6 plus years old....

Obviously I have no control of what people do whom I quote.

Val Brinkerhoff

I'm grateful for his response.

Darwin Bagley

MarkMyWords

Post#8 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Val:

Thank you for your response!

I did see value in your books and your ideas, which is why I purchased them.

Weren’t you involved with that special they did about Temple Symbolism that they showed on television after LDS Conference a year or two ago?

I like the photographs, which is one of the reasons the Day Star books interested me.

Like I said, I didn’t know anything about Robert Smith. Thank you for the information.

In contrast, I have had extensive dealings online and in his books with Denver Snuffer. I was a follower and a fan of Denver Snuffer, and I was buying all his books whenever they came out. The LDS Prophets knew what he really was two or three years before I did. I know what it feels like to have been fooled by Denver’s message, because I’m one who fell for it all -- hook, line, and sinker.

When I started to question Denver’s loyalty to the Brethren and the Church online among a group of his followers, they united against me and excommunicated me. They voted me off the island. Since then, I have never bought another Snuffer book. What was to become of me? I went back to the local Latter-day Saints, and they taught the Gospel to me, and it was good.

My copy of the Seven Heavenly Witnesses book should show up in a few days. The Hebrew Scholar in our ward has bought that book, and has done a great job selling the rest of us on it. So, there will be a few of us in this ward who will own that book before the month is done.

Been watching that Last Days Conference that you and Gileadi did. Another friend has been paying for that. Our next session will be in the next couple of days. That friend has been wanting to buy some of your books, also. They are highly regarded.

My friends also know about Snuffer, which is why I tried to contact you and let you know that quoting Snuffer decreases your credibility among my friends, who are active and loyal Latter-day Saints. They didn’t fall for Snuffer like I did.

Anyway, it’s all good!

I thank you for responding.

Respectfully,

Darwin Max Bagley

MarkMyWords

Post#9 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:53 pm

I'm definitely not questioning the value or the worth of Val Brinkerhoff's books. Instead, I'm trying to suggest to him ideas that I believe would increase the value of his books for all the Latter-day Saints who buy them.

Obviously, I plan on coming back and writing up a few book reviews after I have read Val Brinkerhoff's books. It's what I do.

MarkMyWords

Post#10 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:35 pm

The Davidic Servant -- a Composite, a Presidency, or an Elias:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=218

Return to “Your Favorite LDS Books”