The Apostles Hold the Keys of this Dispensation

For unto you, the Twelve, is the power of this priesthood given, for the last time, which is the dispensation of the fulness of times.
Enoch
Site Admin

The Apostles Hold the Keys of this Dispensation

Post#1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:00 am

D&C 112: 28-34:
28 Purify your hearts before me; and then go ye into all the world, and preach my gospel unto every creature who has not received it;
29 And he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, and he that believeth not, and is not baptized, shall be damned.
30 For unto you, the Twelve, and those, the First Presidency, who are appointed with you to be your counselors and your leaders, is the power of this priesthood given, for the last days and for the last time, in the which is the dispensation of the fulness of times.
31 Which power you hold, in connection with all those who have received a dispensation at any time from the beginning of the creation;
32 For verily I say unto you, the keys of the dispensation, which ye have received, have come down from the fathers, and last of all, being sent down from heaven unto you.
33 Verily I say unto you, behold how great is your calling. Cleanse your hearts and your garments, lest the blood of this generation be required at your hands.
34 Be faithful until I come, for I come quickly; and my reward is with me to recompense every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega. Amen.

The First Presidency and the Apostles in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hold the Keys to this Gospel Dispensation, which was given to us by Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith.

Sidney Rigdon (the remaining member of the First Presidency) and the Twelve Apostles showed up after Joseph Smith was martyred to claim their rightful place in the Kingdom. The Twelve Apostles were chosen by revelation and by the law of common consent to lead the Kingdom of God here on this earth.

God and Joseph Smith repeatedly made this matter clear. Jesus Christ wanted Brigham Young and the Twelve Apostles to take control and leadership of His Church, which they did. There was no great succession controversy, as some people like to portray it. Christ was at the helm of His Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and He chose whom He wanted to lead His Church. Jesus Christ got His way. No surprise there!

See also:

http://ldssoul.com/let-my-servant-step-forth/

MarkMyWords

Re: The Apostles Hold the Keys of this Dispensation

Post#2 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:04 pm

I love to run an interesting thought experiment from time to time. I find it quite revealing. I ask myself a few simple questions.

Q. What would have been the result if God the Father and Jesus Christ had never appeared to Joseph Smith when Joseph went into the grove of trees to ask which church he should join?

A. The Church of Jesus Christ and the Gospel of Christ would never have been restored to this earth. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints would never have come into existence. In every Gospel Dispensation it has always required God's intervention for such a thing to take place.

Q. What would have happened if Moroni never appeared to Joseph Smith and never gave Joseph Smith the plates and the translating stones?

A. The Book of Mormon would never have been translated and would never have come into existence.

Q. What would have happened if Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost had never revealed anything to Joseph Smith?

A. We would not have the Doctrine and Covenants, nor would we have the Pearl of Great Price. Revelations from God require God's intervention.

Q. What would have been the result if Moses, Elijah, and Elias had never appeared to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery in the Kirtland Temple?

A. The Latter-day Saints would not be building temples and would not be performing endowment ceremonies for the dead in the temples.

Only two groups of people had a God-given right to lead the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints after Joseph Smith was martyred. Those two groups were The First Presidency and the Twelve Apostles.

Q. What might have been the result if the Holy Ghost didn't unanimously move upon all the Latter-day Saints present at the meeting and convince all of them there to choose Brigham Young and the Twelve to lead the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

A. We might have ended up with Sidney Rigdon as the guardian or president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Q. What would have been the result if Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost refused to back and sustain Brigham Young as the next leader of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

A. Have you ever heard of the Rigdonites? The Rigdonites are what you get when Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost refuse to back and sustain a proposed leader of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Rigdonites were dissolved in 1847. That is what happens when God refuses to sustain and back a person. Now, compare that with what happened when God and Christ chose to back and sustain Brigham Young! What were the results?

MarkMyWords

Re: The Apostles Hold the Keys of this Dispensation

Post#3 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Take a look at some of this for an example of what I am talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... t_movement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigdonite

It was revealed to the vast majority of the Latter-day Saints that they were not supposed to follow Sidney Rigdon, but were instead to follow Brigham Young. Thousands of Latter-day Saints received a revelation telling them to follow Brigham Young.

In contrast, Sidney Rigdon attracted the apostate Latter-day Saints that had been excommunicated from the LDS Church. It's hard to build a functioning church out of apostates, who hold no Keys and no longer have a right to the Priesthood of God.

The Keys open doors. The doors closed on these various splinter groups because they had no Keys to keep anything open.

Whenever these splinter groups start ordaining women to the priesthood, that's when they are fully apostate and the Lord has completely abandoned them. God will never give a revelation to ordain women to the Patriarchal Order of the Priesthood. God never has and never will. It is a sure sign that the oracles of God or the revelations from God are gone, whenever a church or splinter group starts ordaining women to the priesthood.

The RLDS church started to fall apart, splinter, and lose members when it changed its name and started ordaining women to the priesthood. God won't back such a thing, and thousands of the RLDS knew it.

For all eternity, the priesthood of God has always been a fraternity. Likewise, for all eternity, motherhood has always been a sorority. God has never suffered from gender confusion.

Return to “Who Holds the Keys to the Kingdom of Jesus Christ?”