You Can't Even Give Away Good News or God News

A Theophany is a visible manifestation of God to humankind -- seeing, hearing, and touching a God. Grand Observations of Deity.
MarkMyWords

You Can't Even Give Away Good News or God News

Post#1 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:24 pm

You can't even give away Good News or God News, because nobody wants it.

The New Atheists haven't inspired me by example to be a better human being. For that kind of inspiration, I have to turn to Jesus Christ as found in the Book of Mormon and the New Testament.

However, I cannot deny it. The New Atheists have definitely made me stop and think; and, I'm not the only one. Many others have been forced to stop and think for themselves, thanks to the New Atheists. I see that as a good thing. Once you see how emotional, illogical, and senseless much of the New Atheism rhetoric is, it actually makes you glad to be a believer.

I have a gut feeling, but no way to prove it, that the New Atheists have converted more people to God than they have to Atheism. Many of their Atheistic arguments are so weak and so poor in quality, that even simpletons with no background in philosophy and logic can see right through them and see that they are false. That has to be good for theism in the end. Ironically, the Atheists typically do ten times more talking about God than the typical theist does. Think about it. The Atheists keep us thinking about God ten times more or a hundred times more than your typical preacher or evangelist does. By fighting against God, they often end up recruiting for God, because contention and bad news and hatred sells.

I have a pro-LDS forum and blog that absolutely nobody is interested in, because there's no contention or dirty laundry there. People are only interested in the contention and the dirty laundry. Good News or God News does NOT sell! You can't even give it away, because nobody wants it. They want dirty laundry, scandal, contention, name-calling, hatred, anger, fire, and flames. They want to see someone get roasted. They want to see someone get killed. That's what sells!

If you notice carefully, the anti-Mormon websites and the ex-Mormon websites will draw them in like flies, because that's what people are interested in. An ex-Mormon or anti-Mormon forum or website will have thousands of registered and active participants -- each digging up dirt and feeding upon revenge and hatred together. The people love it. They are drawn to it. They find it irresistible. Debate and contention are addictive.

In contrast, a pro-LDS website or forum will only have a few loyal readers and will generate no response and no followership, because people as a whole just aren't interested in those kinds of things. Anything pro-God or pro-LDS just goes quietly unnoticed by the masses. You actually have to dig in and deliberately go looking for that kind of stuff if you truly want it.

http://bookrev.allthings.computer/the-p ... of-of-god/

MarkMyWords

Re: You Can't Even Give Away Good New or God News

Post#2 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:28 pm

A Friend Posted This to my Facebook Timeline:

MarkMyWords

Post#3 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:32 pm

By fighting against God, the Atheists keep God constantly on our minds.

The Atheists have to steal from God or talk about God in order to make their case against God.

The Atheists do more to keep our minds on God than any other group of people!

http://ldssoul.com/stealing-from-god/

MarkMyWords

Post#4 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Atheists make us stop and think.

There have been dozens of books written in response to Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion", and many of them are powerful, comprehensive, deep, and very interesting. Dawkins' books and the books of some of the other New Atheists have inspired Christians, Scientists, Philosophers, Skeptics, Agnostics, and nobodies like me to produce some of their very best thought and very best work. By taking their best shot, the New Atheists have actually given us something to work with.

http://bookrev.allthings.computer/the-god-delusion/

http://bookrev.allthings.computer/c-s-l ... -atheists/

MarkMyWords

Post#5 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:36 pm

The Philosophical Proof of God:
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=272

MarkMyWords

Post#6 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:50 pm

There must be opposition in all things!

That concept is straight out of the Book of Mormon. If there were no opposition, then we would never be given the chance to determine for our own self what it is that we value most.

The Atheists (and I was one for awhile) do indeed have their uses. They can show us a living example of what it is that we don't want to become. The Atheists can also show us logic fallacies in action, which can be a very good and interesting thing to observe and understand.

The New Atheists aren't exactly charitable or going around doing good.

We have this little gem from Sam Harris, one of the leaders or Brights in the New Atheist Religion:

“Some beliefs are so dangerous that it may be ethical to kill people for believing them.” -- Sam Harris.

Found in:

Jinn, Bo (2014-01-13). Illogical Atheism: A Comprehensive Response to the Contemporary Freethinker from a Lapsed Agnostic (p. 15). Divided Line. Kindle Edition.

--
--

“Illogical Atheism: A Comprehensive Response to the Contemporary Freethinker from a Lapsed Agnostic” by Bo Jinn:

This has been a fascinating little book about the Philosophy of Skepticism and how illogical and irrational it really is.

Be skeptical about your skepticism!

If you have imprisoned yourself in a rationalist, materialist, naturalist box, which you are free to do of course, simply choose to let it all go and be free.

My Atheism was a trap that stunted and limited my growth and understanding. My Atheism was just a little teeny tiny box that I had closed myself into, so that I couldn’t see the larger world outside. It was a choice.

It’s like the toddler who truly believes “out of sight, out of existence”. If you have ever studied psychology, you know that infants will sometimes close their eyes in the true belief that if they can’t see that big scary thing, then it no longer exists.

Yes, we think it’s cute when children do it — shut down their senses in an attempt to make something they don’t like go away. However, when adult skeptics and atheists do it, it is anything but cute. It’s idiotic and imbecile and childish — the deliberate rejection of Evidence!

If any of this rings true to you or is of interest to you, you should find the book “Illogical Atheism” to be of interest to you.

http://bookrev.allthings.computer/illogical-atheism/

MarkMyWords

Post#7 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Obviously, when ti comes to Atheism, I have given it some thought and have derived some benefit.

In many respects it was the anti-Mormons, ex-Mormons, and the Atheists who converted me back to Christianity and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For that, I will always be grateful.

Despite my indifference and unbelief at the time, I could clearly see that the anti-Mormons and the Atheists and Skeptics were lying to us. Since their lies and falsehoods were so obvious to me and so deliberate, they actually instilled within me a new desire to go in search for The Truth.

Eventually, I started to discover The Truth, God's Truth, the Truth as God Himself sees it, within the Latter-day Saints and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I have stated a number of times that it was the anti-Mormons and the ex-Mormons who converted me to Mormonism, because I could see that they were lying to me, and they consequently gave me the desire to go out and find the truth for myself. Their hatred of God and the LDS Church stood in stark contrast to the love, friendship, and acceptance that I was receiving from the local Latter-day Saints, who were really good to me and treated me better than I deserved, despite My Atheism.

viewforum.php?f=102

MarkMyWords

Post#8 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Friendship and love -- that kind of thing breeds loyalty.

MarkMyWords

Post#9 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:40 pm

I put some of these posts on my Facebook Timeline. They generate no response and no "Likes", because they are pro-LDS or pro-Mormon instead of being anti-Mormon.

https://www.facebook.com/darwin.bagley. ... 2919425362

If you want to generate lots of "Likes" and get lots of attention and Facebook friends, then post something anti-Mormon or anti-God or anti-Christ, and you will have the masses falling down at your feet worshipping your every word.

It's interesting how that works!

MarkMyWords

Post#10 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Obviously, there is NO money to be made from a pro-LDS website. You will make no new friends nor gather a following from such a thing. Even the Christians who claim to be pro-God and pro-Christ will invariably be anti-Mormon. Mormonism is pretty much the only thing on the planet that has the power to unite the Atheists and the Christians at-large into a single common cause. They will all unite to fight against The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have participated on a few anti-Mormon Facebook Pages and Websites. There, you will have disgruntled Mormons, anti-Mormons, ex-Mormons, evangelical Christians, Agnostics, and Atheists ALL UNITED together against me and Mormonism. I get to stand alone and see if I can hold my own. It's a fun little adventure, if you can handle the heat.

But, I do have to pay for the privilege. It doesn't come for free. I own the books that I review and recommend. I pay out of pocket to help maintain this site and my other websites. It's a money-losing proposition. I also lose friends by defending God and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's not a popular position to take.

I knew before I even agreed to participate on this site that there would be no readers, no participants, no followers, and no interest. My partner at the time, the one who encouraged me to get into all of this, wanted to try to turn it into a money-making venture. I knew in advance that it couldn't be done. There's no way on earth to make money from a pro-Mormon or pro-LDS website. I actually saw this site in vision, and it has turned out exactly the way that It was shown to me. I knew that God wanted me to do this, participate in this, and I was also shown in advance what the lack of response would be.

So, why do it? Obviously, there's no money or fame in it. There's no popularity or glory. It's costing me money.

I do it, because I got the distinct impression that God wanted me to do it, because God opened up the way for me to do it, and gave me a vision of how He wanted me to do it. I have gotten the feeling a couple of times that God is pleased.

I also do it because writing forces me to solidify my thoughts and to decide for myself what it is that I truly believe and where it is that I truly want to stand. I was neutral or lukewarm most of my life. Writing gets me off the fence and forces me to take sides. For me, writing also stimulates revelation from God or the inspiration process. I pray about a lot of this before I write asking God to help me say what He would say if He were here writing this instead of me. Obviously, not everything I write here is inspired by God or a revelation from God, but some of it is. I have learned things that I never knew before by writing some of these posts and essays. And, more importantly, I know which parts of this were in fact given to me or revealed to me by God. God Himself rewards me for writing, by giving me the occasional insight that I didn't have before. I love to collect new ideas. I'm an idea junkie!

Participating on this forum gives me a reason to pursue and read and study and learn the things that interest me the most.

Finally, I do this because I have someone that I truly love and care about who quit the LDS Church. That person left pretty much the same time that I left. This person has self-esteem issues like I used to have, but this person also seems to have none of the OCD that I have. I'm a completionist. I like digging in and following things to their conclusion. Once I get going on something, I become addicted to it. I love trying to discover the truth, especially since the truth has been hidden so well from those who don't want to find it. As you can tell, I'm a bit obsessed by this whole venture. I'm hoping that when this person is ready, this person will find this website and find the answers and solutions that I know that this person is inwardly searching for. This person is analytical enough, a thinker, so I have great hopes that this person will benefit a lot from the things that I have taken the time to prepare and post here.

"Angels are silent notes taking of every action, so do what is right."

Even if all of this is lost in EMP or some future Armageddon, I still believe that there is a copy of all of this being made in heaven, which people will be able to retrieve any time that they desire to do so. I guess I have become a believer, thanks in part to this process here.

Darwin Bagley

Return to “Theophanies”