Fighting Against the LDS Apostates Is a Waste of Time

The Book of Mormon exposes the enemies of Christ. It confounds false doctrines and lays down contention. (2 Nephi 3: 12.)
MarkMyWords

Fighting Against the LDS Apostates Is a Waste of Time

Post#1 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:10 am

Each detour or waste of time can be learned from and benefited from.

Denver Snuffer was the "Korihor" that I fell for. I bought into his message initially, believed that he was a prophet, and was saving for and buying his books. I thought he was the real deal. It was a shock to me when he started turning to the dark side of the force. When the wolf started to come out, I wasn't ready for it. At the time, it sickened me when he turned against the LDS Apostles and wrote his anti-LDS book.

I owe Denver a debt of gratitude, because he eventually forced me to make a choice. He forced me to study, observe, and learn. He forced me to learn how to identify the anti-Christs and the Korihors that live among us. He forced me to learn how to identify the wolf in sheep's clothing and the false prophets that lie in wait to deceive. It was time well-spent, even though reading his anti-LDS material started to be a monumental waste of time and not the least bit edifying.

The two best things that ever happened to me came when I was voted out of the Heavenly Gift forum at LDS Freedom Fourm and not let back in; and then later when I was kicked out of LDSFF. Those were life changers for me. They changed my direction and course in life for the better. Those forums were increasingly anti-LDS and pro-Snuffer. When I was excommunicated from the Snuffers, and later when I was excommunicated from LDSFF, it forced me to decide what it is that I truly believe.

Eventually, I joined LDS Friends and Fun; and, I spent some time promoting that site. Spin forward half a year, and when the moderator of that site started deleting my posts, hiding my posts, and then banning me from different forums on LDS Friends and Fun; it was again a learning experience and a course changer. I never knew why I was banned or blocked from certain forums on that website, but I assumed it was because I was very vocal against the LDS Apostates and LDSFF. It was a good thing to be voted off that island.

I learned an important lesson. I learned at that point in time that it is a huge waste of time to resist and fight against the LDS Apostates. Why? It doesn't edify. I was was learning stuff, but it wasn't spiritually edifying. Resisting and fighting against the LDS Apostates wasn't supplying the Bread of Life.

I realized at that point in time that I wanted to do something that edifies, instead. I wanted to build something and uplift someone. So, getting banned or blocked from parts of LDS Friends and Fun was a good thing for me. It changed my life for the better. I'm no longer reading the writings of LDS Apostates trying to create a contentious rebuttal. Instead, I'm searching for the best that the LDS Apostles and loyal Latter-day Saints have to offer us, and then trying to find ways to share that and present that. When it comes to religious messages, I'm now looking for the cream, and not the scum.

I learned that fighting or contending against the LDS Apostates is like shooting yourself in the foot and then trying to walk on it down the straight and narrow path. It can be done, but it's not comfortable. My least favorite Hugh Nibley book is "Tinkling Cymbals and Sounding Brass" where he wastes the whole book fighting against the LDS Apostates rather than providing something that feeds us and edifies us. Making that kind of realization was very important for me, because it changed my life for the better once again.

When it comes to Gospel Teachings and Ideas, I want to pursue on this website the cream, the stuff that edifies and builds testimonies and makes one feel good inside. I want to pursue the Good News of the Gospel, rather than trying to dig up bad news about the LDS Church.

Good News does NOT sell. Nobody likes reading good news. Nobody will pay for good news. The only way you will get some of the people to accept and read good news is if you give it away for free. Jesus and the Apostles had a very small but loyal following, but they had the real deal. That's what I'm aiming for here in this forum, a small group of friends who enjoy discussing the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

MarkMyWords

Re: Fighting Against the LDS Apostates Is a Waste of Time

Post#2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:16 am

These are my fighting blogs, where I wasted a lot of time fighting against and resisting the LDS Apostates:

http://megasatire.blogspot.com/

http://allwomenordained.blogspot.com/

http://callingsandelections.blogspot.com/

I learned a lot, but I really didn't accomplish a lot. I built nothing useful to anyone.

I haven't posted anything new in those blogs since August 2014. That was the time when I was kicked out of LDS Freedom Forum and decided to never look back. I left Sodom and Gomorrah, and we all know about Lot's wife and how looking back fondly to that kind of thing goes down for the Saints.

MarkMyWords

Post#3 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 pm

The LDS Apostates have their own religion, and we have ours.

There are plenty of websites online where the LDS Apostates can go to find like-minded individuals and practice their religion of trying to tear it all down. They are welcome to it.

For me, it all gets stale and boring after awhile. There's no light or life to it. The contrast is quite noticeable. The difference is night and day.
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=27

There are also websites dedicated to fighting against the LDS Apostates. For the most part, I find them equally as tedious and boring.

The best of these is FairMormon.
http://www.fairmormon.org/

They do a pretty good job of bashing the LDS Apostates and excommunicated Latter-day Saints.

From what I can tell, Meridian Magazine seems to be my friends' most favorite pro-LDS website, because they try to build or edify rather than trying to tear everything down.
http://ldsmag.com/

MarkMyWords

Post#4 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:23 am

LDS Friends and Fun is a pro-LDS website. At that website, we were encouraged to warn each other about False Prophets, and none of it was censored, deleted, or made to go away.

There is a forum there entitled, "False prophets and the like", where the rank and file Latter-day Saints put out the warning against the different False Prophets that they were encountering. It just might be the best collection of material on the subject from a wide variety of different Latter-day Saints. I put a great deal of time into it all, a year ago.

If the subject interests you, feel free to give them a look and put in your 2 cents worth.

http://ldsfriendsandfun.freeforums.org/ ... e-f10.html

Return to “Detecting False Prophets”