Why I No Longer Believe in the LDS Church

That man who rises up finding fault with the Church, saying that they are out of the way, then know assuredly, that that man is in the high road to apostasy. Joseph Smith.
Enoch
Site Admin

Re: Why I No Longer Believe in the LDS Church

Post#31 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:55 am

Wow!

These people live inside the warts and pursue the imperfections. You will never find God by doing that.

God and Jesus Christ told us to become complete as they are complete, to become perfect as they are perfect. You are never going to do that by spending your whole life rummaging through the garbage.

MarkMyWords

Post#32 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:55 pm

James Carroll:

Why would Jesus Christ keep appearing to and speaking to the Latter-day Saints, if the LDS Church is as fundamentally flawed as you claim? Why would Jesus Christ be willing to back and support all the LDS lies, as you claim He is doing? Why wouldn’t Jesus Christ enter in and correct the various lies within His Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, if these lies do indeed exist?

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_ ... th_Century

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_ ... th_Century

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_ ... seph_Smith

These are just the ones that we have been told about. I have been told about a lot more in private.

Given the evidence before my eyes, the only thing that I can safely conclude, James Carroll, is that your assumptions and your facts are wrong in some way. Since I have already caught you in multiple different deceptions and promoting various misleading “facts”, the only thing that I can conclude is that the fault lies with you, and not Jesus Christ and His Church. I guess you could say that I value Christ’s input more than I value yours.

Enoch
Site Admin

Post#33 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:28 pm

It is clear to me that James Carroll has never received revelation -- certainly not in the way that Joseph Smith or the Apostle Paul received revelation.

It was easy for James Carroll to give it all up because he never had it in the first place.

Revelation:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=159

While reading James Carroll's words, the Holy Ghost never moves upon me to tell me that James Carroll is speaking scripture. I do feel moved upon by Satan, periodically, while reading James Carroll's words.

Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else. I'm just telling you how I'm seeing it and feeling it. If I want to feel the Holy Ghost or to experience scripture, I have learned that I'm not going to get it from James Carroll. Instead, I will get intellectual sophistry and the philosophies of men from James Carroll.

Look in the link above and see what Revelation from God is really like. In comparison to that, James Carroll is nothing -- he doesn't even begin to inspire me.

Enoch
Site Admin

Post#34 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:48 pm

I get the impression that James Carroll considers himself infinitely smarter than Joseph Smith, Hugh Nibley, and the rest of us. Who knows? He might be right. Intelligence is hard to measure. And, some of the geniuses that I have met are actually some of the dumbest people that I know -- no common sense whatsoever.

Intellectually, I'm probably smarter than Joseph Smith. I sure seem to have a lot more scholastic degrees and book knowledge than Joseph Smith ever had.

So what? It's all worthless unless God is willing to back it! It's all worthless unless it is actually true and God knows that it is true.

I learned long ago that wisdom, experience, and first-hand direct contact with God Himself will trump book-learning and intellectual smarts every time. In comparison to God and revelations from God, James Carroll's superior intellect is nothing!

Bragging about your superior intellect is a waste of time, because there will always be someone smarter than you; and, God is smarter than all of us put together, because God has access to the absolute truth on every subject that comes our way, including religion.

If you have a question, don't ask James Carroll. Ask God!

From what I have seen and read so far, the writings from Hugh Nibley and Joseph Smith are a whole lot cooler and infinitely more inspirational and interesting than anything that James Carroll has written so far.

If mucking about in the garbage interests you, then read James Carroll. If you want to be inspired and uplifted and awed, then read Joseph Smith or Hugh Nibley. The one contains the words of Satan, and the other contains the words of God. You choose which you prefer to read.

Isaiah

Post#35 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Isaiah

Post#36 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:40 am

If you exclude Revelation from your epistemology or world view, then you deliberately prevent God from giving you revelations.

It's no great loss to God, but it can prove to be a monumental loss to you.

Return to “Personal Apostasy”