The Controversy Over Book of Mormon Geography

MarkMyWords

The Controversy Over Book of Mormon Geography

Post#1 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:17 pm

There is now so much evidence supporting Book of Mormon Geography and the existence of a Book of Mormon people (Nephites) that the evidence is now starting to get a bit overwhelming.

In any controversy, each side to the controversy has convincing evidence to support their point of view; otherwise, it wouldn't be a controversy.

There are a group of people who have very convincing evidence to support a Meso-American location for Book of Mormon Geography.

There's another group of people who have very convincing evidence to support a Heartland location for Book of Mormon Geography.

The evidence being provided by both camps is overwhelming, abundant, rich, and conclusive. There's so much evidence that they don't seem to know what to do with it all. It's clear that the archeology is now providing evidence and room for a Hebraic or Nephite Civilization to have existed here on the American Continents.

Each side to this controversy provides convincing evidence to support their case.

So, what are we to do?

I own and have read John L. Sorenson's book, "Ancient American Setting for the Book of Mormon". It was a fascinating book that make the Book of Mormon peoples come alive for me in a way that no other book had ever done before.

I have also watched all 11 of Rod Meldrum and Wayne May's DVD's providing rich and abundant evidence for Hebrew in the Heartland and for a Nephite Civilization exactly where the archeological Hopewell Civilization used to live. There's so much evidence that Rod Meldrum has dug up, that it's just overwhelming.

So now we have a controversy brewing. Each side to this controversy has very convincing evidence. So, which side is right?

Well, I personally have chosen to side with Edwin Goble's All-Inclusive Model of Book of Mormon Geography.

I talk about this here:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=73

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=47

I personally believe that Lehi and the Nephites landed in Meso-America. Then they were slowly pushed northeast up into Ohio and eventually into New York where they were exterminated. Just like the Book of Mormon says, the Nephites kept moving north every hundred years in order to survive and keep from being exterminated. Thus, after trying to examine all the evidence as best as I possibly can, I believe that both camps have made their case and proven the existence of the Nephite peoples. For me and Edwin Goble, it's not an either-or proposition.

Return to “Geography”