Going Nowhere Fast

Luke 9: 62: Jesus said unto him, "No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
Enoch
Site Admin

Going Nowhere Fast

Post#1 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:43 pm

Having your calling and election made sure will do you absolutely no good whatsoever if it drives you out of the LDS Church or gets you excommunicated from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. When you have your saving ordinances, temple ordinances, and priesthood taken away from you, you are left with nothing to be sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise. Then some of the rest of us start to wondering if it was Satan who made your calling and election sure, and not God. Having your calling and election made sure doesn't count if it is Satan who is doing the sealing, because Eternal Life is not a gift that Satan can give you.

One of the signs that I look for when it comes time to try to discern whether this gift came from Satan or came from the Holy Ghost is whether the recipient remains true and faithful to the LDS Church and the Brethren, or whether that person apostatizes from the LDS Church and then tries to start his own church. By their fruits or subsequent actions, ye shall know them. In time, they will reveal to the world through their actions whether their calling and election being made sure was sired by Satan or by the Holy Ghost. You just have to wait and see. In time, they will start to produce the fruits of their father; they cannot help but do so.

MarkMyWords

Re: Going Nowhere Fast

Post#2 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:59 pm

LDS Apostates seem to pervert this doctrine more than any other, often saying that they have had their Calling and Election Made Sure, and then using that as a reason or an excuse to quit the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They put their hands to the plow, but then they walk away after supposedly having their Calling and Election Made Sure.

I get the impression that Satan is in the habit of making LDS peoples' Calling and Election Sure as a way of getting them to turn away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, thus turning these people into Korihor's, anti-Christs, and false prophets instead. An anti-Christ is simply someone who has turned against the true Church of Jesus Christ, which in our dispensation is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Improvement Era 1905:
Let us progress in loyalty, "be constant in service and devotion;" and may we take the admonition of the Savior, that "No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

Joseph Smith defined the principle of "mak[ing your] calling and election sure" in a 27 June 1839 sermon. This was to be accomplished, he said, after a lifetime of service and devotion, by being "sealed up" to exaltation while yet living.

http://ancient-wisdom-lds-temple.blogsp ... omise.html

MarkMyWords

Post#3 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:13 pm

My favorite story of a Calling and Election to Eternal Life being made sure comes from Alma the Elder. He shows us by example how it should be done.

He was simply going along, with his hands to the plow, doing the Lord's work, when the Lord promised him eternal life. He wasn't seeking for it. He was instead just simply being true and faithful to the Church of Jesus Christ trying to help bring others into the Church of Jesus Christ and the Saving Ordinances. He was also trying to save and bring back those who had apostatized from the true Church of Jesus Christ.

Notice what he did AFTER having his Calling and Election made sure!

Mosiah 26:1-39
1 NOW it came to pass that there were many of the rising generation that could not understand the words of king Benjamin, being little children at the time he spake unto his people; and they did not believe the tradition of their fathers.
2 They did not believe what had been said concerning the resurrection of the dead, neither did they believe concerning the coming of Christ.
3 And now because of their unbelief they could not understand the word of God; and their hearts were hardened.
4 And they would not be baptized; neither would they join the church. And they were a separate people as to their faith, and remained so ever after, even in their carnal and sinful state; for they would not call upon the Lord their God.
5 And now in the reign of Mosiah they were not half so numerous as the people of God; but because of the dissensions among the brethren they became more numerous.
6 For it came to pass that they did deceive many with their flattering words, who were in the church, and did cause them to commit many sins; therefore it became expedient that those who committed sin, that were in the church, should be admonished by the church.
7 And it came to pass that they were brought before the priests, and delivered up unto the priests by the teachers; and the priests brought them before Alma, who was the high priest.
8 Now king Mosiah had given Alma the authority over the church.
9 And it came to pass that Alma did not know concerning them; but there were many witnesses against them; yea, the people stood and testified of their iniquity in abundance.
10 Now there had not any such thing happened before in the church; therefore Alma was troubled in his spirit, and he caused that they should be brought before the king.
11 And he said unto the king: Behold, here are many whom we have brought before thee, who are accused of their brethren; yea, and they have been taken in divers iniquities. And they do not repent of their iniquities; therefore we have brought them before thee, that thou mayest judge them according to their crimes.
12 But king Mosiah said unto Alma: Behold, I judge them not; therefore I deliver them into thy hands to be judged.
13 And now the spirit of Alma was again troubled; and he went and inquired of the Lord what he should do concerning this matter, for he feared that he should do wrong in the sight of God.
14 And it came to pass that after he had poured out his whole soul to God, the voice of the Lord came to him, saying:
15 Blessed art thou, Alma, and blessed are they who were baptized in the waters of Mormon. Thou art blessed because of thy exceeding faith in the words alone of my servant Abinadi.
16 And blessed are they because of their exceeding faith in the words alone which thou hast spoken unto them.
17 And blessed art thou because thou hast established a church among this people; and they shall be established, and they shall be my people.
18 Yea, blessed is this people who are willing to bear my name; for in my name shall they be called; and they are mine.
19 And because thou hast inquired of me concerning the transgressor, thou art blessed.
20 Thou art my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep.
21 And he that will hear my voice shall be my sheep; and him shall ye receive into the church, and him will I also receive.
22 For behold, this is my church; whosoever is baptized shall be baptized unto repentance. And whomsoever ye receive shall believe in my name; and him will I freely forgive.
23 For it is I that taketh upon me the sins of the world; for it is I that hath created them; and it is I that granteth unto him that believeth unto the end a place at my right hand.
24 For behold, in my name are they called; and if they know me they shall come forth, and shall have a place eternally at my right hand.
25 And it shall come to pass that when the second trump shall sound then shall they that never knew me come forth and shall stand before me.
26 And then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, that I am their Redeemer; but they would not be redeemed.
27 And then I will confess unto them that I never knew them; and they shall depart into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
28 Therefore I say unto you, that he that will not hear my voice, the same shall ye not receive into my church, for him I will not receive at the last day.
29 Therefore I say unto you, Go; and whosoever transgresseth against me, him shall ye judge according to the sins which he has committed; and if he confess his sins before thee and me, and repenteth in the sincerity of his heart, him shall ye forgive, and I will forgive him also.
30 Yea, and as often as my people repent will I forgive them their trespasses against me.
31 And ye shall also forgive one another your trespasses; for verily I say unto you, he that forgiveth not his neighbor's trespasses when he says that he repents, the same hath brought himself under condemnation.
32 Now I say unto you, Go; and whosoever will not repent of his sins the same shall not be numbered among my people; and this shall be observed from this time forward.
33 And it came to pass when Alma had heard these words he wrote them down that he might have them, and that he might judge the people of that church according to the commandments of God.
34 And it came to pass that Alma went and judged those that had been taken in iniquity, according to the word of the Lord.
35 And whosoever repented of their sins and did confess them, them he did number among the people of the church;
36 And those that would not confess their sins and repent of their iniquity, the same were not numbered among the people of the church, and their names were blotted out.
37 And it came to pass that Alma did regulate all the affairs of the church; and they began again to have peace and to prosper exceedingly in the affairs of the church, walking circumspectly before God, receiving many, and baptizing many.
38 And now all these things did Alma and his fellow laborers do who were over the church, walking in all diligence, teaching the word of God in all things, suffering all manner of afflictions, being persecuted by all those who did not belong to the church of God.
39 And they did admonish their brethren; and they were also admonished, every one by the word of God, according to his sins, or to the sins which he had committed, being commanded of God to pray without ceasing, and to give thanks in all things.

I have encountered many people who claim to have had their Calling and Election made sure, and then in the next breath they try to lead me away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They claim to belong to the Church of the Firstborn or claim to have something better, and they try to lead us away from the LDS Church and the Saving Ordinances and the LDS Apostles into something new, and strange, and different.

After having his Calling and Election made sure, did Alma the Elder quit the Church of Jesus Christ and go to Disneyland? No! Alma the Elder kept his hands on the plow and kept doing exactly what he was doing before receiving the promise of Eternal Life. Alma the Elder kept leading people to the Church of Jesus Christ during that dispensation of the Gospel. That's how Alma the Elder ended up in the Book of Mormon for all eternity. He didn't quit the Church of Jesus Christ after being promised Eternal Life. Instead, he continued to bring people into the Church of Jesus Christ for the remainder of his life.

I have personally come to the conclusion that the people who have their Calling and Election Made Sure and then quit the LDS Church as a result have in fact received the promise of Eternal Life from Satan, who then leads them out of the Church of Jesus Christ after giving them what they have been seeking for and asking for. They become anti-Christ when they turn against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and try to lead us away from it as well.

When it comes to having one's Calling and Election Made Sure, the real deal involves remaining true and faithful to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the end of one's life and on into the eternities. Those who turn against the Church of Jesus Christ become anti-Christ or Sons of Perdition.

If they had their Calling and Election made sure by Satan, then they become anti-Christ when they apostatize from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

If they had their Calling and Election made sure by the Holy Spirit of Promise, then they become candidates to become Sons of Perdition when they turn against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, especially if they take up the fight against it and try to destroy it. Fighting against Christ's True Church is the exact same thing as fighting against Jesus Christ Himself.

MarkMyWords

Post#4 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:30 pm

Luke 9: 62: And Jesus said unto him, "No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

MarkMyWords

Post#5 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:50 pm

The false prophets try to convince us that there is a back door into the Kingdom of God.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Kingdom of God here on this earth. The Kingdom of God in Heaven is the Church of Jesus Christ in Heaven.

There is no back door into the Kingdom of God.

Turning away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the sure way to guarantee that we become unfit for the Kingdom of God.

Luke 9: 62: And Jesus said unto him, "No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

Matthew 7: 15-29:
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

What will a false prophet do? In every case and in every Gospel Dispensation, a false prophet will try to lead you away from the Church of Jesus Christ and the Saving Ordinances.

A true prophet will try to lead you to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Matthew 22: 11-14:
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

The false prophets will not be able to sneak themselves into the Kingdom of God and the Wedding Feast. They won't have the garment, because they will have been excommunicated from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, either in this life or the life to come.

In the parable of the Ten Virgins, Jesus Christ is talking about the anti-Christs who turn against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They will not be permitted to attend the Wedding Feast, because they are actively leading people and themselves away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Kingdom of God here on this earth.

JST Matthew 25: 1-11:
1 And then, at that day, before the Son of man comes, the kingdom of heaven [the LDS Church] shall be likened unto ten virgins, who took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five of them were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them; but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
4 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
5 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
6 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
7 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
8 But the wise answered, saying, Lest there be not enough for us and you, go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
9 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage; and the door was shut.
10 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us.
11 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, Ye know me not.

If they truly knew Jesus, then they would never allow themselves to apostatize from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which is Christ's True Church. They come to know Satan instead, and his only goal is to lead us away from the Church of Jesus Christ. The Celestial Kingdom is the Church of Jesus Christ, and Satan's goal is to lead us away from that. The Lord is not going to open the doors of the Celestial Kingdom to those who have apostatized from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He says so right there in the scriptures

Return to “Calling and Election Made Sure”