The New Testament is Polytheistic

G + O + D = GOD
Greatest Observations about Deity.
D&C 93: 1: Know that I AM.
MarkMyWords

The New Testament is Polytheistic

Post#1 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:35 pm

There is a book from Frank Turek that I like a great deal, “I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist”. I love this book, even if Norm Geisler (the co-author) discounts or marginalizes the particular religion that I have embraced and chosen to support.

Norman L. Geisler needs to spend a bit more time studying the New Testament so that he can see that his starting conclusion of monotheism is false. If you start with the wrong assumption, then you will end up with the wrong conclusion.

John 10: 34-38:
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

That’s polytheism there. You have Jesus telling them that they are gods in embryo. Jesus is also telling them that He is God; and, that He is praying to God the Father who is also a God. Even though Jesus Christ is a God, he was never praying to himself. Jesus was always praying to God the Father, who is also a God. Jesus Christ repeatedly claims to be the literal Son of God the Father. That’s polytheism! Gods siring Gods.

Acts 17:24-30
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent.

We are God’s offspring. That’s polytheism there! There is talk of a Godhead — Gods — or the head of the Gods. That’s polytheism!

1 Corinthians 8: 5-6:
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

That’s polytheism. Paul is telling us that there are many Gods and many Saviors (Lords) and many earths; but where we are concerned, there is only God the Father and our Savior Lord Jesus Christ as our Gods and Lords. Paul is talking about Gods. That’s polytheism!

Philipians 2: 5-9:
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name.

That’s polytheism again. Here in mortality Jesus Christ was striving to become equal to God the Father. God the Father has made Jesus Christ a God just like Christ’s Father is a God. God the Father exalted Jesus Christ and made Jesus Christ a God. That’s polytheism!

Matthew 5: 48:
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Revelation 3: 19-22:
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

That’s polytheism once more. Here Jesus Christ is offering and commanding each one of us to become Gods and to sit down with Him on His Father’s throne. It doesn’t become any more polytheistic than that!

So, Norman L. Geisler, the Bible tells us that the True Religion is polytheistic — that you and I can become Gods and sit down with Christ on God’s throne. Do you know of any modern-day polytheistic religions that qualify? Do you know of any modern-day religions where the priesthood of God resides and the miracles of God are being performed?

With the exception of Geisler’s erroneous attack on polytheism, “I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist” is just an awesome book!

MarkMyWords

Re: The New Testament is Polytheistic

Post#2 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:38 pm

The place where I head-lined this idea:

http://ldssoul.com/stealing-from-god/

Enoch
Site Admin

Post#3 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:07 am

Acts 7: 54-60:
54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

That scripture is full of polytheism.

You have the Holy Ghost, a God, inside of Stephen numbing the pain and opening up the vision into heaven. In heaven, you have two additional Gods standing there. You have Christ Jehovah who is standing to the right of God the Father. You have three separate Gods in three separate locations being mentioned here. That's polytheism!

Enoch
Site Admin

Post#4 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:18 am

It is rightly observed that Mormonism is polytheistic; and, Mormonism is polytheistic because the New Testament and the Revelations of God are clearly polytheistic.

--

Mark 16: 19:
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Acts 2: 33:
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Acts 7: 55-56:
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Romans 8: 34:
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. [Christ a God is making intercession for us with God the Father who is also a God.]

Colossians 3: 1:
1 IF ye then be risen with Christ [and become Gods like Christ], seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Hebrews 10: 12:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

1 Peter 3: 22:
22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

--

Mosiah 5: 9:
9 And it shall come to pass that whosoever doeth this shall be found at the right hand of God, for he shall know the name by which he is called; for he shall be called by the name of Christ.

Alma 28: 12:
12 While many thousands of others truly mourn for the loss of their kindred, yet they rejoice and exult in the hope, and even know, according to the promises of the Lord, that they are raised to dwell at the right hand of God, in a state of never-ending happiness.

Helaman 3: 30:
30 And land their souls, yea, their immortal souls, at the right hand of God in the kingdom of heaven, to sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and with Jacob, and with all our holy fathers, to go no more out.

Ether 12: 4:
4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

Moroni 7: 27:
27 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to claim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men?

D&C 76: 22-24:
22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
23 For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father--
24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.

Moses 7: 57:
57 And as many of the spirits as were in prison came forth, and stood on the right hand of God; and the remainder were reserved in chains of darkness until the judgment of the great day.

JS-Matthew 1: 1:
1 FOR I say unto you, that ye shall not see me henceforth and know that I am he of whom it is written by the prophets, until ye shall say: Blessed is he who cometh in the name of the Lord, in the clouds of heaven, and all the holy angels with him. Then understood his disciples that he should come again on the earth, after that he was glorified and crowned on the right hand of God.

The Gods in the New Testament and the Gods in Heaven are clearly polytheistic! The Gods know what they are doing and know the truth, even if we don't.

MarkMyWords

Post#5 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:14 pm

The Jewish scribes and rabbis did an almost perfect job of eliminating polytheism from the Old Testament; but, they didn't completely succeed.

Genesis 1: 26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

OUR image. That's polytheism!

Genesis 1: 27-28:
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

The Gods created us in their own image -- male and female. Do you really understand what that means? It means that there are female Gods! Female Gods or Goddesses. That's polytheism!

Polytheism is even there in the Old Testament. The Jewish Rabbis and Jewish Scribes didn't completely get rid of it; but, they sure tried.

Moses 2: 26: And I, God, said unto mine Only Begotten, which was with me from the beginning: Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and it was so. And I, God, said: Let them have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Abraham 4: 26: And the Gods took counsel among themselves and said: Let us go down and form man in our image, after our likeness; and we will give them dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Thankfully, the Nicene Fathers and post-Nicene Fathers were nowhere near as successful cutting out polytheism from the New Testament, but they tried nonetheless with their Councils and Creeds. There are still many modern-day Christian apologists and evangelists who have fallen for the monotheism of Catholicisms' Councils and Creeds -- people like Norman Geisler -- and they can't see polytheism at all in the New Testament because they just aren't looking for it or willing to accept it. They were brainwashed to only believe in monotheism. The Greek Philosopher Fathers of the Nicene era did their hatchet job well, and the idea of monotheism in Christianity has stuck ever since throughout most of Christianity.

However, a literal reading of the New Testament is polytheistic from beginning to end! It's inescapable for those who have eyes to see -- for those who haven't been brainwashed or conditioned into only seeing monotheism everywhere they go.

--

There are more things in heaven and earth, Norman Geisler,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

There are more Gods in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Norman Geisler. The Bible is polytheistic!

MarkMyWords

Post#6 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:34 pm

I got into this subject (and related subjects) quite deeply a couple of years ago.

Of God and Goddesses:
http://ofgodandgoddesses.blogspot.com/

Women Ordained:
http://allwomenordained.blogspot.com/

Callings and Elections:
http://callingsandelections.blogspot.com/

Each one of these blogs is like a free book that I produced at the time.

--

At the Academy for Temple Studies, Margaret Barker and her team of experts do a lot of talking about God's Wife, or what some others call "Heavenly Mother".

If God the Father is truly the father of our spirits or our spirit bodies, then there has to be a Heavenly Mother or "Goddess the Mother" somewhere there in the pantheon of heaven.

Academy for Temple Studies:
http://www.templestudies.org/home/

Margaret Barker is a Methodist Minister; and, nobody is more polytheistic than she is. Margaret Barker has done a great deal of research into Heavenly Mother and the Female Goddesses that reside in heaven.

It's cool stuff when you are ready for it!

MarkMyWords

Post#7 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:49 am

EACH Scientific Discipline is an example of God hiding in plain sight where nobody can see Him and nobody can find Him.

Wrap your mind around that reality, and suddenly an avalanche of truth will come rushing into your life!

I discovered that EACH Scientific Discipline is a witness or a testament of God's existence; but, with EACH Scientific Discipline, you have to become open-minded enough, smart enough, and educated enough to be able to see how God fits into that particular picture or discipline. It can take a while to come up to speed; and, you will NEVER see it or understand it if you don't want to see it or understand it. When I was an atheist, I couldn't see any of this or understand any of this, because I didn't want to. A desire to see the truth and to find the truth, a desire to see God and find God, is the most powerful and useful gift that you can give to yourself, because it will open your eyes to vistas and realities that you have never considered before.

In my case, I was unlucky because I was a skeptic and an atheist, but I was lucky in the fact that I am multi-disciplinary. I have education and experience in almost every Scientific Discipline. Once I was willing to open my mind and see, I slowly began to realize that EACH Scientific Discipline IS a proof of God's existence. God gave us Science so that we could prove to ourselves that He exists. That realization has changed my life for the better! I once was blind, but now I see!

God must exist, or you would not exist!

A God created the first physical body, and then inhabited it. There is NO other way for a genome and a physical body to come into existence! That first physical body didn't just pop into existence out of nothing! It had to have a Creator and it had to be created.

EVERY living organism either has a Creator or Parents! That's what Science teaches us!

Are you truly willing to believe what Science is telling you?

Without God, nothing would exist. That's what Science is telling us!

Resurrection from the Dead, Immortality, and Eternal Life are ONLY possible if God actually exists! Revelations from God and Revelations of God are ONLY possible if God exists. Your existence is ONLY possible if God exists. God must reveal Himself or remain forever concealed. God has revealed Himself to us throughout ALL the various Physical Sciences and Philosophical Sciences!

Those who have seen God know that He exists. Science is ALL about making personal observations. Observation -- seeing and experiencing and understanding THE EVIDENCE -- is what Science is all about!

I find the scientific proofs of God's existence a lot more convincing than the philosophical proofs of God's existence; and, despite what the Atheists and Skeptics will try to tell you, there are some very convincing proofs of God that come to us from scientific research and scientific evidence. It was a patent-holding scientist and a few other PhD scientists who convinced me that God really does exist -- mostly by using Science itself to do so. Think about this for a while!

The very fact that we exist, you and I, is proof of God's existence.

There has been an infinite eternity that has gone on before us, before we ever arrived here on this earth.

According to the Law of Entropy, EVERYTHING should have burned out an eternity ago, and we should be sitting at heat death right now. Yet, here we are.

This reality is logical and empirical PROOF that there is something or someone out there that actually knows how to reverse entropy and has actually reversed entropy in order to produce our universe here, in the first place. We exist here and now, because something or someone out there KNOWS how to reverse entropy!

GOD MUST EXIST, OR YOU WOULD NOT EXIST!

Without God, nothing would exist.

Return to “Proof of God”